Offering your cat the occasional can of tuna may seem like the simplest DIY cat treat around but with a bit more preparation, you can create an adorable and delicious treat your furr baby won’t be able to resist – that is sure to last much longer than a can of tuna! When preparing cat treats it’s important to remember that felines are carnivores and are more likely to appreciate a treat with protein rather than one without.
If you want to learn how to make cat treats – this is a great place to start. Here are our favorite recipes, each receiving approval from our pets and vets alike!
1. Tasty Salmon Cat Treat Recipe
Homemade Salmon Cat Treats
- Blender or food processor
- Baking sheet
- Stand mixer
- Rolling Pin
- 10 oz canned salmon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- Gently beat the egg.
- Pour the salmon (without draining it) into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour all ingredients into a stand mixer. Mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut out your cat treats.
- Bake the treats for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 F.
2. Sardine & Flax Seed Catnip Treats
This Sardine & Flax Seed treat is the perfect combination of kitty comfort food, a healthy additive to keep your kitty regular and their beloved catnip! They won’t even notice that you’ve snuck grains into their treat!
The end product should be hard and crunchy, to help remove plaque from your cat’s teeth. Allow the treats to cool down and you can store them in an airtight container for up to a month. Labeling the date on the container is always a good idea. Your cat will love them!
3. Turkey Triangle Homemade Cat Treats
With these delightful triangles, your feline is getting a flavorful punch of turkey, which is a perfect kitty treat for every holiday season!
4. Spinach & Chicken Cat Treats
Chicken is another cat favorite and with a dash of spinach – you have a well rounded and scrumptious cat treat.
5. Tuna Bites
If your cat has a sensitive tummy – there is a treat alternative for them! This Tuna Bite recipe is simple to make, delicious for your cat, and easy on their belly!
6. Pumpkin & Tuna Cat Treats
There is nothing basic about this recipe! You might be surprised to learn that cats also enjoy this fall squash just as much as their human counterparts. Create a pumpkin and tuna treat to share with your cat while you sip on your pumpkin spiced latte.
- Wish to buy instead of bake? Try: 10 Best Cat Treats to Buy
7. Cat Treats from Wet Cat Food
Most cat owners will able to able to throw this simple, 3 ingredient cat treat recipe together in a flash! Most of us have a can of wet cat food kicking around, so why not change it up and serve your kitty something new and exciting?
8. Tuna & Parsley Cat Treats
Tuna seems to be a hot commodity in the feline world. Keep a can or two in your pantry so the next time you make cookies, you are able to provide a simple tuna biscuit for your cat as well!
9. Chicken & Rice Catilicious Treats
10. Catnip Bliss Ball Treats
Now, for anyone looking to put a little pep in their cat’s step – this is the treat for you. A perfect blend of delicious treat combined with the addicting aroma of catnip – this is sure to be a kitty cat favorite!
Of course, baking any sort of cat treat is sure to leave a scent in the air no kitty can refuse. We hope that you enjoyed learning how to make cat treats by bringing these recipes to life and that your cat enjoys eating them all up!
Looking for more great recipes for your feline? Check these out!
- Homemade Salmon Cat Treats
- 2. Sardine & Flax Seed Catnip Treats
- 3. Turkey Triangle Homemade Cat Treats
- 4. Spinach & Chicken Cat Treats
- 5. Tuna Bites
- 6. Pumpkin & Tuna Cat Treats
- 7. Cat Treats from Wet Cat Food
- 8. Tuna & Parsley Cat Treats
- 9. Chicken & Rice Catilicious Treats
- 10. Catnip Bliss Ball Treats