Do you have a feline friend who loves to curl up in a warm, soft place? If so, you may be looking for some ideas on how to make a cat bed. Luckily, there are many different DIY cat bed tutorials out there that don’t require any sewing! In this blog post, we will share 10 of our favorite no-sew cat bed tutorials with you. Your kitty will love spending lazy afternoons lounging in one of these cozy beds!
The 11 DIY Cat Beds: No Sewing Required!
1. T-shirt Cat Bed by Sadie Seasongoods
It’s easy to turn a box and an old t-shirt into a cozy hideout for your kitty! Simply cut a hole in the center of the box, and then cut the t-shirt into strips. Match up the hole in the box with the neck hole in the shirt. Gather the extra in the back and use scissors to cut most of it away. Hot glue the remaining fabric to the back of the box. Tuck in the sleeves, and voila! An eco-friendly, upcycled cat cave fit for feline royalty.
2. Vintage Suitcase Pet Bed by Brooklyn Limestone
This plan requires very little time and even less effort! It’s especially perfect for people who like to shop for unique decorative items.
Start by finding a vintage suitcase at your local flea market or thrift store. Once you’ve found the perfect one, simply place a pillow inside and voila! You’ve got a one-of-a-kind pet bed that your cat will love.
If you’re looking for something a little more challenging, you can sew a custom fabric insert. There is one benefit of using a pillow. You can remove and change the pillowcases when they’re dirty, or when you change your decor!
3. Pillowcase Pet Bed by Craft & Fabric Links
This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make a pet bed! Simply take an old pillowcase and fill it with stuffing. Once it’s full, use hot glue to seal the opening shut. That’s it! Your cat will love snuggling up in this soft, cozy bed.
If you want to get really creative, you can sew a pillowcase with a design that coordinates with your home decor. Or use fabric paint or markers to add some personality to a plain white pillowcase.
4. Fabric Covered Box Bed by Purrfect Kity
This DIY bed is similar to the T-shirt cat bed, but it uses a box instead of a shirt. Simply measure and cut a hole in the center of the box, and then cover the entire box with fabric. Use hot glue to attach the fabric to the box. Once you’ve covered the entire box, tuck in any loose fabric and trim away any excess. Your cat will love snuggling up in this soft, cozy bed!
You can also use different fabrics for the top and bottom of the box. Or, you can add some embellishments like a blanket or soft towel in the bottom. Alternatively, you can measure the sides of the box, cut fabric scraps to match, and hot glue them to the sides of your box.
5. Traditional-Style Pet Bed by Cat Toy Lady
This pet bed looks more like the type of bed you would find in a store.
To make this bed, you will need two foam sheets. Cut one of the sheets in half, and then hot glue the fabric around the edges. Once the fabric is in place, stack the two foam sheets on top of each other and hot glue them together. Trim away any excess fabric, and voila! You’ve got a soft, cozy bed for your cat.
6. Macrame Cat Hammock by Macrame for Beginners
This hammock is perfect for cats who love to lounge!
To make this hammock, you will need two lengths of cotton rope. Cut each length in half, and then tie the four pieces together at the top. Next, take two of the pieces and tie them together in the middle. Repeat with the other two pieces. Once you’ve done this, tie all four pieces together at the bottom. Trim away any excess rope, and voila! You’ve got a stylish hammock for your cat.
You can also add some fringe to the bottom of the hammock. Or you can use different colors of rope to create a unique design.
7. DIY Pom Pom Cat Bed by Julie Measures
If you’re looking for a fun, creative project to do with your cat, look no further than this DIY Pom Pom Cat Bed. This bed is easy and fun to make, and your cat will love snuggling up in the soft pom poms.
- Cut a piece of cotton rope the length you want your bed to be. For a small bed, cut the rope about 60 inches long. For a larger bed, cut the rope longer.
- Tie one end of the rope to a sturdy object like a table or chair. Make sure it’s tight so that the bed doesn’t move around while your cat is using it.
- Glue pom poms all over the top of the rope until it’s completely covered. You can use different colors or sizes, or even mix them up! Be as creative as you want!
- Let the glue dry completely before letting your cat test out her new bed!
8. Hula Hoop Cat Hammock by DIY for CATs – Hohentwielbirmas
If you’re looking for a new and creative way to keep your cat entertained, why not try making one of these DIY cat hammocks? Not only are they fun for your kitty to play in, but they’re also easy and inexpensive to make. All you need is a few supplies and some basic sewing skills. So get creative and have some fun with your furry friend!
To make this hammock, you will need a hula hoop and a piece of fabric. Cut the fabric into a circle, and then hot glue it to the hula hoop. Once the fabric is in place, trim away any excess. Your cat will love snuggling up in this soft, cozy bed!
You can use different fabrics to create a variety of looks for this hammock. Or, you can add some embellishments like bows or buttons.
Finally, you can hang this hammock from the ceiling using hooks or Command strips.
9. Wall-Mounted Crate Bed by The Lakeside Collection
This wall-mounted crate bed is the perfect solution for small spaces. It’s easy to make, and it doesn’t take up a lot of space. Plus, your cat will love snuggling up in the cozy crate.
First, sand down the crate to create a smooth surface. Next, paint or stain the crate in your desired color. Let it dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Then, use screws to attach the crate to the wall at a comfortable height for your cat. Make sure the crate is level, and then fill it with soft bedding. Your cat will love sleeping in her new bed!
You can also use this same method to create a wall-mounted shelf for your cat. Simply attach the crate to the wall using screws, and then add a board or piece of plywood on top. This makes a great perch for your cat, and she’ll love lounging in her new space!
10. DIY Cat Perch by Francisco Chavira Prints and Plants
This DIY cat perch is the perfect solution for small spaces. It’s easy to make, and it doesn’t take up a lot of space. Plus, your cat will love lounging in her new perch.
To make this perch, you will need two brackets and a piece of wood. Cut the wood to the desired size, and then attach the brackets using screws. Make sure the perch is level before moving on to the next step.
Then, use rope or carpet to create a grip on top of the perch. This will help your cat stay in place while she’s lounging. Finally, add some soft bedding to make it extra cozy. Your cat will love her new spot!
11. Fleece Tied Edge Pet Bed, Stuffed by Craftibilities
This fleece pet bed is soft, cozy, and easy to make. Plus, it’s stuffed with stuffing or a pillow, so your cat can lounge in comfort.
To make this bed, you will need a piece of fleece fabric and a pillow. Cut the fabric into a rectangle, and then hot glue it to the pillow. Once the fabric is in place, trim away any excess. Your cat will love snuggling up in this soft bed!
You can use different colors or patterns of fleece to create a variety of looks for this bed. Or, you can add some embellishments like bows or buttons.
Things To Keep in Mind When Making A Bed For Your Cat
When you’re making a bed for your cat, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure the bed is the right size for your cat. She should be able to comfortably lay down in it without hanging over the edges.
- Choose a material that your cat will love. Some cats prefer softer materials like fleece or velvet, while others like firmer fabrics like denim or canvas.
- Consider adding some toys or other items to the bed to make it more inviting for your kitty. A soft blanket or pillow can also help make it more comfortable.
These are just a few ideas for DIY cat beds that you can create at home. With a little creativity and some basic sewing skills, you can make a variety of beds that your cat will love.
Featured Image Credit: Pixabay, Pexels
- The 11 DIY Cat Beds: No Sewing Required!
- 1. T-shirt Cat Bed by Sadie Seasongoods
- 2. Vintage Suitcase Pet Bed by Brooklyn Limestone
- 3. Pillowcase Pet Bed by Craft & Fabric Links
- 4. Fabric Covered Box Bed by Purrfect Kity
- 5. Traditional-Style Pet Bed by Cat Toy Lady
- 6. Macrame Cat Hammock by Macrame for Beginners
- 7. DIY Pom Pom Cat Bed by Julie Measures
- 8. Hula Hoop Cat Hammock by DIY for CATs – Hohentwielbirmas
- 9. Wall-Mounted Crate Bed by The Lakeside Collection
- 10. DIY Cat Perch by Francisco Chavira Prints and Plants
- 11. Fleece Tied Edge Pet Bed, Stuffed by Craftibilities
- Things To Keep in Mind When Making A Bed For Your Cat